PM Academy has created a dynamic outdoor program centredon leadership skills outside or within a project. While managers and managerial skills are available in abundance, what are the real capabilities an organization needs to succeed in a state of accelerating economic and industrial change?If we cut out the grandiose theories, research, debates, analysis, rules, regulations and processes, it boils down to 5 key skills a manager needs to have in order to deliver results in today’s world?
WE’VE LISTED 5 ANYMORE THAN THIS WE CONSIDER AN OVERKILL.
- Prioritize – Focus on the important.
- Ask critical questions to make smart decisions
- Listen and connect with people
- Lead by word and action, not one or the other but both
- Get the job done to the satisfaction of the stakeholders and customersA manager who has these 5 basic skills is one who can lead his team to success. While there are several self-help booksand leadership building workshops out there giving guidance pills for a plethora of skills, through our own experience as outdoor educators we have discovered the value an outdoor setting brings to understanding the qualities needed to be a leader, acknowledgment and acceptance of personal limitations and creating a desire to work on personal leadership gaps. At PM Academy we have design 3-day to 18 days outbound programs, which are exclusive programs held in a natural or wilderness settings, for young and or senior managers under trained facilitators and observers. The program objectives are determined by the organization and are typically centred on aligning Organizational Values to Strategy, Behaviour to Organizational Values, Leadership Roles and Skills, Managing Uncertainties, Improving Collaborations, among others. At the end of the workshop written feedback is provided for each participant, Call or Write to us to know how such a program can be tailored to suit your needs.